If you missed a previous newsletter or want to go back and refresh your memory about someone go to our Texas Politics Today website where we have the newsletter archived by date.
Editor’s Note: Please be sure to send us news of departures, promotions, births, marriages and other milestones, so we can share it with the Capitol community. Also add us to your press release email list.
Around the Capitol / On the Move / Campaign Season
- Gardner Pate has been hired as deputy chief of staff. Pate previously served as Speaker Dennis Bonnen’s director of policy and general counsel.
- John Wittman has been promoted to communications director. He has been with Abbott since 2014.
- Brady Franks has been named deputy budget and policy director. Franks previously served as Abbott’s budget and policy advisor with a focus on higher education and public finance.
- Charlie Leal has re-joined Abbott’s team as budget and policy advisor for transportation issues.
- Sallie Armstrong Bentley has been hired as budget advisor. Bentley previously served as assistant director of finance in Speaker Dennis Bonnen’s office.
- Stephanie Greger has been hired as an attorney for criminal justice issues in the general counsel’s office. Greger most recently served as criminal division chief in the Williamson County Attorney’s office.
- Abbott’s office also announced the departure of John Hryhorchuck, deputy policy director, who will be joining Texas 2036 as the director of policy.
State Agency/Commission News
In Our Thoughts
Get to Know Your Colleagues
Committee Clerk & General Counsel, House General Investigating Committee;
Rep. Morgan Meyer
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 512-431-5385 to let us know of other moves, birthdays, lobby sign ups, birth announcements, events, and happenings that you and your Capitol colleagues would like to read about.